
Well, I decided to jump on the bandwagon with the blogging world. Benton and I have thoroughly enjoyed our first two plus years of marriage - filled with fun trips, nights out with friends, great dates, and lots of time with our families - but I didn't think it was fascinating enough to blog about. Now, something has changed...we are expecting our first baby in November! I think this will be a great way to journal about all the happenings in our future. Bear with me as I figure this blogging-thing out!
The news that we are expecting definitely came as a surprise to us. I took the first pregnancy test after getting ready for bed on Sunday, March 8th at about 10:30 p.m. (We had a "scare" last fall, so I had one test left at home.) Benton was already in bed and watching as I paced around the bathroom in confusion as the test showed a plus sign. He asked "what is wrong with you?" and I said, "I'm confused, but I it kind of looks positive - will you come look." So he did and he agreed that it "kind of did," so I immediately sent him to buy more tests of different brands. Dutch and Benton were gone for what seemed like the longest trip to Walgreen's ever while I picked up around the house trying to distract myself. They came home with the dumby-proof test that says "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant" and it definitely said "Pregnant." Our immediate reaction was total disbelief and neither one of us slept at all that night.
I took a third brand of pregnancy test on Monday morning and was officially three for three, so I called my doctor. I did a phone consultation on Tuesday and a lot of research on the internet. We are officially excited and anxious to tell everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment