Friday, August 21, 2009

Seth Gets Hitched

Benton, Amy, my parents, and I all headed to Ruidoso, NM last Thursday for Seth's wedding. The trip seemed pretty quick, but it was uncharacteristically painless and the weather was a great change from the Dallas heat. We got in town just in time for the rehearsal dinner on Thursday - it was really nice and the food was delicious!
Amy, me, and Benton heading to the rehearsal dinner
There was lots of dancing on Thursday...
The bride (Candace) and groom

Seth and Blakely (Candace's daughter)

The groom and his mama

Seth giving a necklace to Blakely during the wedding ceremony on Friday
As always, we had lots of fun catching up with all of our New Mexico family and friends that we don't get to see often enough. I'm glad my parents and Amy were able to go too. Benton and I are SO incredibly lucky to both love our in-laws and for them to not only get along, but truly enjoy each other.
Side note: Seth's frosting cake was so good that I made a total pig of myself. I had two pieces (in my defense, I leave a lot of the cake because all I really want is the frosting) and then my dad found me a corner piece with uber amounts of frosting, so of course I had to eat it too. I have never felt Haven move like she did on Friday night. I swear she was doing the worm (over and over again); it was pretty wild! She must love sugar just like her mom :)

1 comment:

Paige said...

We would be a good match at weddings because I eat all the cake and leave a frosting frame.