I guess I did this backwards because the most recent changes are at the top...oh well.
Haven finally started crawling consistently in a normal crawl on Friday. She started out in May pulling with her fingers and pushing with her toes. That gradually transitioned to an army crawl, then she would occasionally get up on her hands and knees but she didn't really know what to do once she was up on all fours. I guess she finally figured it out. She'd rather scale a wall to get what she wants, but she will crawl if she must.
Haven has three teeth now. Her top left tooth started coming through last week. Amy saw it on Monday and the gum swelling finally went down enough so I could feel it on Thursday.
While we were at the beach, Haven started really protesting her third nap and missed it all together a few days. It is officially gone now, which means bedtime is even earlier - 6 o'clock on the dot most nights. As all the books tell you, this earlier bedtime has brought a later wake time - it is the strangest thing. Haven slept until after 8:00AM three times last week. She hasn't done that since she was five months old. It has been great, but at the same time it throws our whole day off, so it's not something I want to happen all the time. I can't imagine how awesome it must feel to get 14 hours of sleep?!
While waiting at the airport in Fort Walton on Friday morning, I got this text message from Benton, "My car was broke into. The cops just left..." (He did try to call me first but I didn't hear my phone and it was longer, but I'll spare the remainder.) This is what we saw when we got home:
I was really surprised that the window was so intact. Benton was at an attorney's office at 10AM parked on 75. Talk about bold. I asked Benton if it was sad that when I saw his text I immediately assumed he was at home when it happened. He told me that was scary. Thankfully, everything that we lost (including the window) is replaceable and only with minor headaches.
A couple of months ago, I bought the Groupon for a Brazilian Blowout at a salon in Frisco. I finally had my appointment the day before Haven and I left for Destin and it was worth every penny! The stuff is AMAZING! I can be ready so fast with dry straight hair - I almost forgot what that looked like. I am totally hooked and will be doing it again every 12ish weeks.
My Grandma came in town for a week and I managed to not get one picture with her and Haven. I did however, take this picture for her because she wanted a full body shot in Haven's rain boots.

Thankfully, this has only happened once so far, but after throwing a tantrum in her bed at nap time, Haven fell asleep like this:
I was so worried she was going to wake up sore, but she slept exactly like that with no movement at all for 45 minutes and woke up as happy as could be.Haven and I went to try out the Little Gym and she came home with the little germs. We thought she might have pink eye, but it was just a little cold and she got over it pretty quickly. She really is pretty tough and doesn't slow down much ever, but she can definitely look pathetic.
I think I've mentioned this before, but Haven LOVES to be outside. She thinks she is such a big girl now because she can "walk" out on the balcony by herself if I have the door cracked for Dutch. Then she throws a nice little fit when I make her come back in. Such a mean mom - so much to look forward to :)
We had to drop Haven's crib twice within a span of two weeks. We are at the lowest level now and have been since the beginning of August. We used to always come in to her like this on her knees, but now she's almost always standing.


2 comments:
Those shoes she has on are too cute. Sorry about Benton's car.
I have been so tempted to do the brazilian blowout, good to know you love it!
Post a Comment