Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sooo Big!

Haven is getting SO big! A part of me wants her to stop growing because I am seeing less and less baby in her with everyday...and she's only 15 months.

Unlike her mama, this little giraffe is tall!

Her pose here makes me laugh, but also proves my non-baby point
Confession time: I'm a big advocate for little to no TV, even as background noise (when Haven is awake.) I'm not a big TV person myself and it just wasn't a habit I wanted to get into. During the sick and snow weeks (which were back to back), we watched a-lot of TV (we even resorted to Barney on Netflix, which I never thought I would allow for my own sanity), and now it is a total crutch. At the end of the day, if Haven is whiny and driving me nuts and/or I need to make dinner and she won't cooperate, she gets to watch Sesame Street. I hate to admit it, but it is almost starting to become part of our early evening routine. Maybe now that I have confessed, I will make a greater attempt to revert back to our no-TV ways. The problem might be that Haven is pretty into it now. She hands me the remote and is in awe when she gets her way...

Freeze Frame


Haven did have a 15mos pedi appointment and it was on President's Day, so we made it a family affair.

Not only is she sooo big, she's too cool too
I am happy to report that Haven made a serious improvement since her one year check. She was nice to Dr. Curtis and only screamed at the nurse that gave her a shot. She still complained to the nurse that took her measurements, but it was better, and they were: weight - 24.4lbs (75%), height - 32in (90%), and head - 46.8cm (80%).

After Haven's appointment, we went to lunch where Haven turned another corner. She discovered my love/hate relationship with ranch dressing! Hmmm!!
Then we went to the park to burn off the ranch. How hilarious is she in this swing?

1 comment:

The Butler Family said...

Love the outfit! She is just too cute!