Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cinco

Happy 5 Months, sweet baby Harper!


(It was Betty's 5 month birthday too; she is doing everything the same as Harper these days.)

Things to note on this five month birthday of yours...
  • For the last two nights you have slept from 7pm to 8am. It has been fabulous!
  • You are big on rolling from back to tummy, but then you get mad because you are on your tummy. If I take too long to roll you back over (even though you are capable of doing it yourself, you don't), it usually ends in lots of spit-up.
  • You are still sleeping in a double swaddle at night and Velcro swaddle for naps.
  • You are chewing on everything and seem so ready to eat (grabbing my hand with food or drink and pulling it to your mouth). We made Haven wait until six months, but you seem more pitiful so we are just waiting for daddy to be around so he doesn't miss that milestone :-)
  • When I share my ice water with you, you make the funniest faces, but squeal in frustration when I quit giving it to you.
  • I've never seen such adoration like you have for Haven. It is the most precious thing and I dread the day that she is mean to you. She will be mean to you someday, but for now she is the sweetest big sister.
  • Thanks to a new bottle, you just started taking a bottle again this last week. Let's hope we do a better job of making you stick with it this time.
  • You love your jumperoo and are getting really good at the jumping.
  • Dutch loves to lick your face and you tolerate it well because you love him.
  • You are light years better than Haven was in the car, but it still isn't your happy place.
  • You love the bathtub, especially when you get to freely splash around; you just squeal with delight. 
  • You smile all the time and are starting to laugh more, but you make us work pretty hard for those giggles.
  • Sometimes your Daddy calls you Donald Trump because of your current unfortunate hair pattern. You are a beautiful baby with an odd comb over on top and a little patch in the back, like a rat tail. Someday, you will have gorgeous locks, until then, we love kissing that bald baby head!
  • There are moments of frustration and I can already see you wanting to be in the middle of everything that is going on, but you still might qualify as the most laid back person in this family (although that's not saying much!).
You are pure baby sweetness and we could not love you more! Your five months of life have gone by at lightning speed and I cannot believe we are so close to embarking on mobility. I will be savoring these simpler moments while we have them!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Carli, She is precious! Harper and Reese sound very very similar! :)