We had yet another uneventful doctor appointment last week. We were back with Dr. Martin for the thrilling pee in a cup, weigh, blood pressure, baby heartbeat, belly measure routine. Haven's heart rate was up another 5bpm to 155. Everything was "normal." We talked to Dr. Martin about the flu and swine flu shot. Hopefully they will have their flu shots when we go back next week, if not I will probably find one elsewhere.
I have developed a few new "symptoms." I've had a little bit of heartburn, but more often than that I have had reflux. I've also been going to the bathroom a lot more, have trouble breathing sometimes, and get what I assume is a foot in my ribcage fairly often. My "cravings" have switched from tomatoes to sweet. In the first few months, I could not get enough tomatoes (in any form) and didn't really care to have anything sweet. We've had the same bottle of V8 in our refrigerator for months and I haven't touched it, but we can't keep enough sweets. That's probably the reason for the 2lb weight gain in 2 weeks...oops!
On that note, I did have a breakdown a couple weeks ago that wasn't funny at the time, but is now. I was trying on my "normal" jeans for our maternity pics and many of them didn't come close to fitting. I was depressed and told Benton that I was "pregnant in my butt too" to which he responded "I thought you knew that was going to happen." That was definitely NOT the reaction I was looking for, so my breakdown escalated. Apparently I am over it now because I haven't forced my sweet tooth to subside. I have been taking Dutch for about 3 mile walks everyday, so that should count for something, right?
No Sick Days Allowed
7 years ago

2 comments:
I loved V8 while being pregnant.
I moved on to heftier more calorie filled cravings at the end as well and packed on some flabby lbs. I still deal with those flabby lbs today. I am under pre preg. weight and my stomach is still weird. I'm thinking I'll be finally looking good and normal by next spring or summer and if I get preg. again I will be so mad. We want to space number two and three out a lot more.
Post a Comment