When we found out Lucius had lymphoma we were sad for all the obvious reasons, but also sad because we knew he would be so great with kids and we were looking forward to experiencing that. We (nor anyone else that knows him) ever felt this way about Dutch and kids. Dutch is sweet, but he is a rotten little dog that doesn't like anyone he doesn't know and HATES little kids. As I have mentioned before, he surprised us with how well he has taken to Haven and he continues to exceed our expectations.
Dutch loves to lick Haven's face and she usually opens her mouth wide for it. While it is sweet, I realize the underlying goal here is to get any leftover milk and/or spit up that he can. Yes, he is a nasty dog. When Haven is napping in her crib Dutch is the first one to hear her on the monitor and he takes off upstairs whining and jumping at her door until I open it, then whining and jumping at her crib until I get her out and she stops fussing. He has actually jumped into her crib a couple of times; I guess he thought I was taking too long to get her out. They have sweetly become best buds and I am so glad! My dad was just sure that he and my mom were going to inherit Dutch after Haven was born.
snuggled up together
bracing herself for some "kisses"

No comments:
Post a Comment