Aunt Amy, Haven, and I loaded up and went to the great State Fair of Texas yesterday and it was big fun! Our first stop was lunch, so Amy and Haven started out with Fletcher's corny dogs. I took one for the team and had the first big bite of Haven's to get it started and then she chowed down the rest entirely on her own (broken into tiny pieces, of course). I had the fried cobb salad (which was one of the top 8) and it was pretty good, definitely better than it might sound.
Then we stopped at Big Tex. We got there right as he quit talking and didn't want to wait for another round, but Haven thought he was cool regardless. I guess I didn't do a very good job of capturing that in this photo.
We were looking at one of God's great creatures when the pooper scooper man told me, "if you want to really see something, there's a lamb-a over there having a baby." Sure enough, a few pins down, there was a llama giving birth. Her other llama friends were guarding her, which was pretty sweet, but I was able to capture this picture for proof and your viewing pleasure...





After the petting zoo, we got the Fried S'mores Pop-tart and the Texas Fried Frito Pie (both also part of the top 8). The pop-tart was surprisingly good, the frito pie, not so much. Clearly, I go to the fair solely for the food. In fact, I'm not really sure why else one goes to the fair?
Haven really wanted to touch everything
Very interested in something...
Piglets
This has taken on a whole new meaning to me this year and I cannot imagine having a litter. Poor mama pig!
It doesn't sound like we did much, but we were there from about 12ish-3:15 and Haven was wiped. She fell asleep in the car when we were about 30 seconds from home, so we drove around to give her a little 20 minute nap. Amy let Dutch out, I unloaded the car, and she was still snoozing...

*Shout to sweet and wonderful Michelle for helping me choose this carseat. I fretted over which one to get and she was so great to take the time and tell me her decision process which helped me tremendously!!*
Thanks for going to the fair with us, Amy! We'll have to make it an annual event.
On a completely unrelated note, tooth #4 has made it's debut and we've had two drop-offs at the nursery this week that did not involve screaming!

No comments:
Post a Comment