Monday, October 26, 2009

Baby Education

Benton and I are doing everything we can to be prepared for our little girls arrival, so I signed us up for four classes at the hospital. The first one was Prepared Childbirth for 3.5 hours for three Sundays. I think they should make you take this class before you get pregnant. We watched a natural childbirth video that made me cringe and question whether or now I am cut out for this. Then we watched a c-section video that showed an epidural (that made my back hurt) and the c-section (that made me nauseous). I'll get through it, but they were all very eye opening!

My mom took infant and child CPR with us, which hopefully none of us will ever have to use but we should know it if we do. Finally, we took the Basics of Baby Care and Breastfeeding classes. I'm not sure how helpful the last two were, but I'm sure they didn't hurt. The highlight of the Basics of Baby Care class was one of my sorority sisters, Allison Estep Ballard, was in there too so I got to catch up with her for a few minutes. I hadn't seen Allison in years, so it was great to run into her. If her baby girl is early and Haven is late, maybe we will see her at Baylor again.

No comments: