We had an appointment at 35.5 weeks and I had the first pelvic exam. I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Dr. Martin said Haven is a small kid and she guesstimated her to be 5lbs 4oz. Pretty solid guess - we'll see if she was right.
At our next appointment (36.5), she said I was measuring small so we did a quick sonogram to check the amniotic fluid. We got to see a really good shot of Haven's face with her chubby cheeks and big lips which was much more exciting than doing another pelvic exam. Dr. Martin said the fluid levels look good, so there was no cause for concern.
At 37.5 weeks, we had a more official sonogram with the sonographer to get actual measurements. Haven's heartbeat was 134 and she weighed in at 5.8 lbs. We got a few more pictures, but they aren't very good because her head is down so low. At one of these two appointments, someone said she is either going to be a big eater or talker because she is constantly moving her lips :) After the ultrasound, I had another pelvic exam and was 75% effaced and a "big" 1 cm dilated (whatever that means).
At our appointment last Wednesday, Dr. Martin stripped the membranes (but said not very aggressively so I could finish my last week of work) and reported no change in dilation or effacement. Haven's heartbeat was down to 130. We go back again on Wednesday and will do another round of stripping the membranes and set a date for induction, but of course we are hoping not to make it to that date.

1 comment:
Girl! I am so excited for you-- Is it so crazy to look at your lilypie countdown and realize you are just a week away from your due date?? I hope you are as comfortable as possible and I'm definitely sending prayers for a safe delivery!
Post a Comment