Monday, August 15, 2011

Moon River

One of our dearest and oldest family friends, Rachel, got married on August 13th in Satin, TX at the Moon River Ranch, so we took a quick little road trip for the festivities. Haven did really well in the car - as Amy put it, it was one Barney movie, one Princess movie, a little Strawberry Shortcake, and some change. I actually went out to the ranch about six years ago for Rachel's sister's bachelorette party, but it has changed a lot since then. It was a great venue for both; we had lots of fun and definitely could have stayed longer!

Haven loved exploring outside and was particularly interested in the "nay-dogs" (miniature ponies)
We told Haven there was going to be a band and she was ready to dance!
She wanted a dancing partner at first...



but it didn't take long for her to prefer to dance on her own.


I'm not really sure why I decided to record her dancing to "drink beer all day" but it's cute nonetheless. (taken with my phone, so the quality isn't stellar)



Haven was ready for a dancing partner again when she found this little girl; she loves to play with the "big" girls.

Haven partied and danced her little heart out until about 9:00pm. That's the equivalent to at least midnight for this baby girl and it was starting to show, so Benton took her up to bed.
Then he came back and the real party started ;) or something like that...I'm pretty sure we were only about an hour and a half behind her.

The beautiful bride on Saturday morning
Kristi, Kip (FOB), and Lisa
These girls have been very dear friends of mine since we were 5!
Brunch reception on Saturday morning


I'm not going to lie...I think Rachel is a little bit crazy for planning an outdoor wedding in Texas in August (even at 10am), but it turned out just fine! It was warm, but it was the one overcast day of the summer (we even saw about 7 raindrops on the way home), so it was bearable.

Haven cried at Rachel and Aaron's send-off (just like she did with Reagan and Blake); I'm not sure what is so traumatic about that?! We were quick to follow them out because Haven was in desperate need of a nap. She fell asleep in the car and took a long 20 minute nap :( So it was movies all the way home and a super early bedtime.

I am so thankful we were able to be there and celebrate lil' red getting married!

No comments: