Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mustangs

Benton is an overachiever, both at work and outside, but in a good way. He is a huge producer at the office and he is always doing other work-related extras (networking, leadership orgs, etc.). However, even with all that he has a pretty flexible work schedule and his office is less than 6 miles from home, so I am spoiled. If at all possible, Benton comes home early enough to help with Haven's dinner, bath, and bedtime routine. I got very used to that and could almost feel sorry for myself if I had to do it alone. Almost. I literally had given Haven less than 15 baths alone until July...

I am incredibly proud of Benton! In July, he started working on his MBA at SMU with an intense four week statistics class. That meant class from 6:30-9:30 on Monday and Wednesday, even longer study groups on Sunday and Tuesday, and many times more studying on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Talk about single mama and exhausted Daddy! But we all survived and got along...

Benton's schedule will be different this fall with class on Thursday nights and Saturday mornings. I'm hoping it will be less intense, but I should probably assume that it won't. I like structure and am big on expectations, so I fear that with a less condensed schedule, study groups will be more sporadic and I like to plan a week at a time. I'll be praying for me to be flexible and supportive of my hard working man...

It's going to be a crazy time, but I know these two years are going to fly by!

No comments: