One of Benton's best friends, Colby, got married on 7.17.10, so we left Haven with Giddy and Gam for the weekend while we headed to Seattle. I had knots in my stomach for weeks every time I thought about leaving Haven, but I'm glad we did it and, like I kept telling myself, once we got there we had a great time.
Kristi and Colby had a packed agenda for the weekend: karaoke on Thursday, rehearsal and dinner on Friday, wedding on Saturday and we headed out about noon on Sunday. I'm glad this was our second trip to Seattle because there wasn't much time for sightseeing.
Sooo hard to leave this sweet chunker!!
As a result of this trip, I have a whole new respect for working moms that breastfeed. I don't think I would do it. Having to pump 4-5 times a day was a total nuisance and I only did it for 3.5 days! Talk about a labor of love.
The rehearsal dinner was at the Golden Gardens Bathhouse. It was so pretty - right off the water with the mountains in the background - and they had a great band, lots of fun!
On the beach with Cloud, our traveling buddy. This Texas girl was freezing her tail off all weekend. It didn't get above 75 while we were there, and 75 in Seattle is much different than 75 in Dallas!
After the rehearsal dinner, Colby jumped on the bus with everyone to escort us to the bar, then he went home like a good groom should the night before his wedding :)
This was the best picture of Colby and Kristi that I took - pretty pathetic, but I felt I should include at least one picture of the bride and groom.


1 comment:
Your daugther is precious, I love looking at all her pictures and cute outfits. She is too cute!
I did the whole pumping at work thing for around 10 months and it was hard, but you get used to it.
Looks like an amazing wedding. We all need to get our girls together sometime. Take care :)
Post a Comment